Spiritual Standards and Statement of Faith
All members of the Board of Trustees and workers serving in any capacity shall be committed to Christ
and His service, and seek to manifest the kind of life expressed in Romans 12:10-12.
“Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but
keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer.”
Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God, eternally existent and coequal in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. John
14:16-17, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and
true man. Matthew 1:18-23.
- We believe that the Scriptures of Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the
original writings, and are the final authority for faith and life. 2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews
- We believe we were created in the image of God; that we have sinned, incurring both physical and spiritual
death; and that all human beings are born in sin and that this sinful nature is the origin of all sinful acts in
thought, word and deed. Genesis 1:26, Romans 5:12, Isaiah 59:2, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died as the atoning sacrifice for our sins, the just for the unjust,
according to the Scriptures, and that all who believe in Him are justified by grace through His shed blood.
Romans 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-9, 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 3:18.
- We believe that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit, becoming
children of God. John 1:12, Galatians 3:26, John 3:16.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit in illuminating, regenerating, indwelling, and sanctifying
the Christian. Romans 8:14-16, John 16:13, 2 Thessalonians 2:13.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two
distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27.)
- We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that
intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union. (Genesis 2:18-25, Matthew
19:1-9,Ephesians 5:22-33, Romans 1:18-32, Hebrews 13:4)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His present
work as High Priest and advocate, and His personal return in power and glory. I Corinthians 15:3-4,
Hebrews 4:14-16, I Thessalonians 4:16-17.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved and the lost; the saved to everlasting life, and the lost to
everlasting punishment. Acts 24:15, Revelation 20:15, Romans 6:23, 1 Corinthians 15:20-24.
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sins, seeking His
mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (1 John 1:9, Ephesians 2:8-9)